At Wild Man Ricing, we want everyone to benefit from all the good that natural, certified organic wild rice has to offer. You probably already know that it’s good for your health, but did you know…
- It is widely considered a superfood, and one of the most reasonably priced superfoods at that!
- It may help with weight loss. Wild rice is low in calories and fat, but high in fibre and protein, which makes it the perfect addition to a balanced, weight-loss oriented diet.
- It is a true whole grain. Canada’s Food Guide recommends that you make at least half of your 6-8 daily servings of grain products whole grains to maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of a variety of diseases.
- It is high in omega-3 fatty acids that are vital for your body’s metabolism and can help lower cholesterol, and may lower your risk of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and depression, according to new studies.
- It is gluten-free. For those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, or those with family members who cannot consume gluten, our wild rice is safe for consumption and will not cause reactions.
- It is high in essential vitamins and minerals including: potassim, phosphorus, the B vitamins, folate, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and zinc.
- It is high in antioxidants that neutralize free radicals that can harm your body. Antioxidants may reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and diabetes.